Specializing in Industrial Fuel Handling Products and Systems, Bill is the lead instructor for all NASA Corp. English language programs. Bill also manages the NASA Corp. Canada operations and is a guest lecturer for US, European, and Australian live seminars.
A long-time member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Bill has also been a member of the Standards Engineering Society (SES) and participated on National, Bi-national and International standards development.
During a career spanning more than 30 years, Bill served 5 years as the Chief Inspector and Executive Director for the AMSCSC, a Canadian Jurisdictional Authority responsible for compliance monitoring in 62 Alberta Municipalities, including major petroleum and petrochemical industry projects.
During his subsequent 6 year tenure with CSA, a Canadian Certification Body, Bill’s roles included auditing and product certification. He also served as Technical Advisor to the Canadian Gas Code.
Bill has conducted numerous product and system evaluations as well as quality system and product manufacturing audits, and currently serves as a technical expert for Standards Council of Canada IB audit programme and has provided expert witness services for various government departments including Solicitor Generals’ and Environment in Canada.
In addition to leading conformance evaluations on projects ranging from small components through capital refinery construction, Bill has authored and co-authored several technical documents, and is an active participant in consensus and non-consensus projects including:
- CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems – Technical Committee (incl. various sub-committees)
- CSA B51 Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code – Technical Committee (Vice-Chair)
- CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code – Technical Committee
- CSA 3.21 Industrial Gas-Fired Heaters – Technical Committee
- CSA ICHL – Integrated Committee on Hazardous Location Products
- CPAC Pipeliner Competency Assessment Code (Technical Advisor)
- IEC TC 31 – SC 31M
- ISO TC 67 / SC 2 Pipeline transportation systems
- ISO TC244 Canadian Mirror Committee (Chair)
- ISO TC 244 –International Convenor WG 5 Protective Systems
He has conducted training for several companies including, but not limited to, Cameron, Enbridge, Husky, Irving, Shell, Strike, Suncor, Syncrude and TC Energy.