Who Should Attend
All staff involved in the management and/or execution of day to day pipeline operations. All staff with responsibilities including system integrity and leak detection. Staff with functional responsibilities during Pipeline Emergencies.
This is an intermediate level course.
Applicants must have completed:
- an entry level course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA or PIECE, or
- carry a level 1 CPAC qualification
Course Materials Included
This in depth 1-day course provides critical training for the application of mandatory operational and lifecycle integrity management elements required by the CSA Z662-19. This course begins with a lifecycle review and identification of the critical element required to manage pipeline operations. After examining the prescriptive operations clauses, programs required to assure system integrity are reviewed in detail concluding with a review of the acceptable types and timelines for repair and replacements. Particular attention will be given to section 10 and Annex N.
This one day course provides participants with an overview of the CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Systems. Upon completion participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the minimum requirements to manage the operation of a pipeline system
- Understand the prescriptive requirements for safety and operation of pipeline systems
- Understand the application of integrity management to the operational lifecycle of the pipeline system
- Understand the application of Annex N to the development of an integrity management system
- Understand the minimum record keeping requirements for compliant operations
- Understand the allowable methodologies for temporary and permanent repairs
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Mandatory management system requirements for operation and documentation
- Minimum operational safety requirements
- Lifecycle Integrity requirements
- Annex N integrity management system
- In service inspections
- Temporary and permanent repairs
- Temporary de and reactivation
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm – Level 2 qualification exam
In order to execute compliant services in the Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, The CSA Z662-19 requires personnel to be trained and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities and the requirements of the Z662 standard. This course content is designed to provide the necessary understanding of concepts required for the compliant operation of pipeline systems in Canada. Training includes the implementation of integrity management programs.
The course includes interactive exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 2 Intermediate Qualification exam for Operations and Integrity concepts.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!