Who Should Attend
All staff involved in the management and or execution of Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline design projects. All staff with responsibilities including: Design, Material selection, Planning, Project Management, and Quality Processes.
This is an intermediate level course.
Applicants must have completed:
- an entry level course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA or PIECE, or
- carry a level 1 CPAC qualification
Course Materials Included
This in-depth 1-day course provides critical training on the minimum mandatory requirements for the design and material selection of Oil and Gas Pipelines in Canada. The course begins with a review of the management process mandated by section 3 and quickly moves in to the technical requirements for Design and material selection in sections 4 and 5 of the CSA Z662-19. A review of the applicable core processes identified in Annex A is included.
This one-day course provides participants with an overview of the CSA Z662-19 Design concepts and requirements. Upon completion participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the minimum requirements to Manage the design processes
- Understand the prescriptive requirements for design and materials selection as part of the mandatory Safety and Loss Management System
- Understand the application of competency assessment for both staff and contractors
- Understand the minimum validation, verification and documentation requirements for a pipeline design project
- Understand the minimum record keeping requirements for compliant design projects
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes two coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Mandatory management system requirements for design
- Mandatory management system requirements for material selection and qualification
- Z662 prescriptive design requirements
- Minimum material selection and testing requirements
- Minimum documentation requirements
- Annex A recommendations for design project management
- 3:30 to 4:30 level 2 qualification exam
In order to execute compliant pipeline construction projects in the Canadian oil and gas pipeline industry, the CSA Z662-19 requires personnel to be trained and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities. This course content is designed to provide a detailed understanding of the requirements for those involved in any aspect of pipeline design.
The course includes interactive exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 2 Intermediate Qualification exam for Operations and Integrity concepts.
Code Qualification Exam
This course includes a code qualification exam:
CPAC Level 1 Exam – minimum pass mark 70%; or
CPAC Level 2 & 3 Exam (design, construction or operations) – minimum pass mark 80%
Following course registration, you will be contacted by NASA Corp. to schedule your exam appointment.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!