Who Should Attend
All staff involved in the management and or execution of Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline construction projects. All staff with responsibilities including: procurement, planning, project management, project execution and inspection.
This is an intermediate level course.
Applicants must have completed:
- an entry level course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA or PIECE, or
- carry a level 1 CPAC qualification
Course Materials Included
This in-depth 1-day course provides critical training on the minimum mandatory management processes required for the procurement of materials and construction of Oil and Gas Pipelines in Canada. The course begins with a review of the management process mandated by section 3 and quickly moves in to the technical requirements for the construction of Canadian pipelines located in sections 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the CSA Z662-15. A review of the applicable core processes identified in Annex A is included.
This one-day course provides participants with an overview of the CSA Z662-19 construction requirements. Upon completion participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the minimum requirements to Manage the construction processes
- Understand the prescriptive requirements for construction as part of the mandatory Safety and Loss Management System
- Understand the application of competency assessment for both staff and contractors
- Understand the minimum documentation and verification requirements for a pipeline construction project
- Understand the minimum record keeping requirements for compliant construction projects
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes two coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Mandatory management system requirements for material procurement
- Mandatory management system requirements for construction
- Minimum safety requirements
- Minimum documentation requirements
- Minimum testing requirements
- Annex A recommendations for project management, procurement and facility construction
- 3:30 to 4:30 level 2 qualification exam
In order to execute compliant pipeline construction projects in the Canadian oil and gas pipeline industry, the CSA Z662-19 requires personnel to be trained and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities. This course content is designed to provide a detailed understanding of the requirements for those involved in any aspect of pipeline construction.
The course includes interactive exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 2 Intermediate Qualification exam for Operations and Integrity concepts.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!