Online Remote Access Training
This course is delivered with a series of 8 pre-recorded lectures allowing you to study at your own pace. A total of 4 hours of technical training is provided and a Certificate of Completion will be provided. Course registration allows you 90 days of access to this course on the pipeline training dashboard. The lectures have been recorded on the Zoom platform and are divided into general and topic specific changes to the CSA Z662-19.
This training program includes a practice question for each section and access to the instructor for specific questions through email.
In order to obtain this training, a suitable device (computer/laptop/tablet) with internet access is required.
Students will be provided a login code and instructions after registration.
Who Should Attend
This update training is critical for all staff, contractors and pipeline inspectors responsible for compliant execution of design, construction and operational tasks. This training covers all elements required for the CPAC qualification update examination.
Participants should have previously completed formal Z662 code training or be in possession of any level of current CPAC Certificate of Qualification.
Course Materials Included
- CSA Change Summary
- Practice Exam
The design, construction and operation of Canadian pipelines requires, in addition to highly specialized skills and experience, keeping current with regulatory requirements and the CSA Z662. Safety and Loss Management Systems require targeted training and qualification when new editions are published. The 2019 edition of the CSA Z662 contains substantive changes that will move the safety and reliability of Canadian pipeline systems to a new level. The 2019 edition contains clarifications on the expectations for competency of all personnel including inspectors to Canadian requirements, new design criteria for sensitive areas, changes to trenchless technology protocols and enhancements to operational expectations.
This in depth half-day seminar will provide participants with a clear and cohesive understanding of the changes, requirements for implementation in their daily roles and responsibilities, and the rationale behind the new rules.
This course is suitable for any personnel who have had previous Z662 training or carry a current code qualification certificate.
- Participants will gain a solid understanding of both new and clarified mandatory requirements contained in the CSA Z662-19
- Participants will understand the strategies required for managing the changes and application to their roles and responsibilities
- Participants will understand the proper application of the clarified Safety and Loss Management System requirements surrounding competency, project controls and the evidence required for success with regulatory assessments
- Participants will understand the proper application of reference documents including CSA, ASME, CPAC, CGA, ISO and others where directed.
Participants will receive a Certificate and/or CEU/PDH credits as applicable.
The seminar runs from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm with a 15 minute coffee break. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to the CSA Z662-19 Edition
- Canadian Regulatory Framework
- Management System Requirements – concepts and clarifications
- Design and Material including new class locations criteria
- Construction and Testing – changes and additions
- Canadian Inspection Mandates
- Operation and Integrity requirement changes and deletions
- A review of the new Annex Q
This training is intended to prepare participants to write the 2019 update exam. All certificates held by successful writers will be re-issued to the new 2019 code.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!