Critical Pipeline Construction Management Concepts Training – Two Day Seminar – $1198
(Course Cost $1198. The Chief Inspectors exam can be registered with this training. The Chief Inspector Qualification exam is processed and written separately. Exam Fee is $350.00)
This training is offered in both Canadian and US editions. While primary content is identical, the regulations and codes referenced in the training are specific to the presentation location. Public presentations provided in Canada use Canadian codes, standards and regulations, while training in US locations references CFR’s and ASME codes.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed specifically for experienced inspectors who will have responsibility for coordination and management of the construction verification processes. The training is also suitable for Pipeline Construction and Project Managers and may be valuable for Integrity Managers requiring a detailed understanding of the construction verification process.
Training attendees should have knowledge and experience with all site aspects of the Pipeline construction process as required by the CSA Z662.
In order to be granted a Certificate of Qualification as a Chief Pipeline Inspector, exam writers are required to hold a valid Canadian API 1169 certificate (or equivalent) and will be required to submit a resume with references.
Course Materials Included
- Electronic Reference Material
- CEPA Foundation Practical Guide for Pipeline Construction Inspectors
Chief Inspectors require specialized knowledge and skills beyond those of general inspection practitioners. This 2 day course provides the 12 essential hours of training required for experienced Pipeline Inspectors whose responsibilities include management of the inspection team and oversight of the verification and documentation processes required for the construction of Oil and Gas pipeline infrastructure. Expanding on your knowledge of pipeline code, regulation and inspection practices, this course provides strategies for the review and application of company policies & contractual requirements. Details on monitoring and recording competency verifications, task execution and project performance oversight are provided. The training includes instruction on effective time and personnel management elements including the use of Gantt type tools and GTD practices. This course provides the necessary background and prerequisite to enable participants to write the Chief Inspector Certificate of Qualification exam. Regulatory and Code examples used in the training are based on the presentation location.
With 12 hours of instruction, this two-day course provides participants with knowledge and skills required to fulfil the roles and responsibilities of a Chief Pipeline Inspector for oil and gas pipeline construction projects. Upon completion participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the hierarchy and authorities between regulations, codes, company policies and contract documents.
- Understand the process for resolving technical conflicts, contractual disagreements and non-conformances.
- Understand the framework, intent and application requirements for the Safety and Loss Management System.
- Understand the need for identification of craft specialties among the inspection team and the concepts of cross training.
- Understand the principles of inspection time management and resource allocation in the delegation of inspection team tasks.
- Understand the effective use of general inspectors (API 1169 / Level 3) to support subject matter expert inspectors such as welding or coating Inspectors (Level 4).
- Have a clear understanding of the document control process and evidentiary requirements for inspector signoff for the various elements and stages of the construction lifecycle.
- Understand the skills required for conflict resolution.
All Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and 1.2 CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:40am for coffee and introductions. Day 1 training is from 8:00am to 4:30pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Day 2 training is from 8:00 am to noon with 1 coffee break. Lunch is provided both days. Participants registered to write the Chief Pipeline Inspector exam will be scheduled to write the exam at 1:00 pm on the second day of training. The course will address the following:
- Z662 Management Systems – concepts and legal application requirements
- Document control system requirements and Chief Inspector oversight
- Canadian Regulatory, Code and Contractual Requirements
- Allocation of roles and responsibilities to the inspection team
- Scheduling and time management interface with contractors
- Construction, examination and testing management
- Competence verifications and monitoring
- Internal and external communication strategies
- Conflict resolution (dealing with difficult people)
- Non-conformance escalation and ‘stop work’ procedures
- Supplementary administrative and technical requirements
- Turnover package review
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the Canadian CPAC Level 4 Chief Pipeline Construction Inspector exam. The exam application and is separate from this training. Training certificates are issued to all attendees, while Certificates of Qualification are subject to evaluation of experience, references and successful completion of the exam.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!