On Demand Training
The primary training lecture is presented live in various cities each year. Students who are unable to attend in person or who wish to complete the training prior to the next scheduled event can choose the ‘On Demand’ option providing access to recent recordings of a primary live lecture. Registrants who choose this option are provided with an email address to allow for any questions.
The ‘On Demand’ options may be chosen during the registration process. Students who have chosen a live lecture may change their choice to ‘On Demand’ at any time prior to attending a live lecture.
Who Should Attend
This training is critical for all staff and contractors who have responsibility for Quality and/or Inspection functions. The training also provides significant value to those responsible for managing Canadian pipeline construction activities.
This is an intermediate to advanced level course.
Applicants are strongly advised to have completed:
- Formal Z662 code training courses; and
- carry a Level 2 CPAC qualification for Pipeline Inspection and Auditing Concepts, Operations and Integrity or Welding Concepts;
- have completed other formal Z662 training; and
- have at least 2 years experience in pipeline construction or operations oversight
Course Materials Included
- CPAC Canadian Additions, Corrections, Deviations & Deletions, to the 2nd edition of the API RP 1169
- CEPA Practical Guide for Pipeline Construction Inspectors
- Canadian and US regulatory reference materials
- Canadian and US Study Guides
- Access to 6 pre-course foundational videos
The construction and inspection of Canadian pipelines require not only specific skill sets, but also intimate knowledge of Canadian Pipeline Regulations and the CSA Z662-19 Oil & Gas Pipeline Systems. The 2019 edition of the CSA Z662 is a National Standard of Canada and is referenced in Federal and Provincial pipeline regulations. Understanding the content of the CSA Z662 is not enough. Inspectors must be qualified in the application of the Z662, using the framework contained in the 2nd edition of the API 1169 in conjunction with Canadian mandatory modifications.
Building on your experience, qualification and training in pipeline construction oversight, this course of study will provide participants the required tools for their roles and responsibilities in the inspection of Canadian oil and gas pipeline systems. This training provides both the general recommendations, detailed in the API 1169, and the mandatory Canadian inspection requirements prescribed by the 2019 edition CSA Z662. This training is suitable for those planning to write the Canadian compliant version of the API 1169 exam through CPAC, or those writing the US based ICP exam. Deeper understanding of inspection techniques as well as a thorough review of the General Pipeline Inspectors Manual and its proper application are invaluable benefits to this training.
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Training is from 8:00 am – 4:15 pm and includes two 15 minute coffee breaks and a 45 minute lunch break.
The course will address the following topics:
- Scope and Exam Expectations
- Z662 Safety and Loss Management system requirements for Inspectors (CAD)
- API 1173 management system recommendations (US)
- API RP 1169 Concepts, Content and Program Outline
- Mandatory Canadian Additions, Corrections, Deletions and Deviations to the 1169
- Pipeline Construction Safety
- Environmental Awareness and Oversight
- Practical Guideline for Pipeline Inspectors
- Stages of Construction and Inspection Criteria
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Managing Competence and Non-Conformances
- Stopping Work and Issue Escalation Protocols
- Human Factors (Contractor, Landowner and Protester ‘Encounters’)
- Z662 Testing Requirements
In order to offer code compliant inspection services, it is critical that personnel understand both the regulatory and technical requirements within any given market or Jurisdiction. This course content is designed to familiarize personnel with the Regulations and requirements that are legislated in the Canadian oil and Gas Industry. US comparatives and study material are provided for reference. This course provides the necessary code tools for inspection personnel providing oversite during the construction of Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems at QC and Company inspector levels.
Canadian API Examination
Participants registered to write the Canadian 1169 Inspector Certification exam will be contacted to schedule the exam appointment.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!