Z662-15 Pipeline Welding Requirements
June 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT| $599
A detailed review of the Section 7 mandatory welding requirements contained in the CSA Z662-15 and relevant clauses in section 12, and Annex P.
One Day Technical Training Course
Who Should Attend
Pipeline Welders, Welding Inspectors, WPS Designers, Construction Managers, QC, IM Personnel and Incident Investigators.
This is an intermediate level course.
Applicants must have completed:
- an entry level course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA or PIECE, or
- carry a level 1 CPAC qualification
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This in-depth 1 day seminar provides critical details on establishing weld procedure specifications, qualifying welders to the specifications, and inspecting completed work in accordance with section 7 of the CSA Z662-15. This training includes a review of the alternate welding provisions in section 12. Guidance on the use of Annex P is also provided.
This course is suitable for assisting companies in meeting their competence requirements under the CSA Z662-15. The content is also suitable preparation for those individuals intending to obtain advanced training and qualification under the CWB program.
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical application of section 7.
- Understand the critical differences between a CSA weld procedure and then ASME weld procedure.
- Understand the proper use and application of the essential changes table.
- Learn the requirements for documentation and application of Z662 “welding lite”.
- Understand the minimum welder qualification requirements and documentation protocol.
- Understand the application of Annex P.
- Participants will complete the CPAC Level 2 Pipeline Welding Exam.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Qualification upon successful completion of the exam.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Verification of design and materials
- Welding procedure specifications
- Qualification of procedures and personnel
- Application of essential changes
- Inspection and examination techniques
- Mandatory documentation and records requirements
- Annex P
- 3:30 to 4:30 pm – Level 2 exam
In order to execute compliant services in the Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, The CSA Z662-15 requires personnel to be trained, experienced and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities and the requirements of the Z662 standard. This course content is designed to update and qualify or requalify previously trained and experienced industry professionals to the requirements of the new 2015 edition.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.