Z662-15 Fundamentals Course
October 29, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT| $599
Based on the CSA Z662-15 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
Entry Level Training – One Day Seminar -$599 plus tax
(Course Cost: $599 plus tax. The CPAC qualification exam can be written immediately following the training. The fee for the pipeliner examination and registration is $300.00 plus tax)
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide practical understanding of the CSA Z662-15 Pipeline Systems Standard. This course is important to anyone working in the oil and gas industry. It is essential to provide the basis for Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Inspectors, QC personnel and provides the necessary prerequisite for future intermediate and advanced industry training.
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This one-day seminar is essential for anyone involved in the oil and gas industry. Focusing on Safety and Loss Management Systems and your role and responsibilities, this course is critical for anyone involved in design, construction, operations, maintenance, QC, inspection or project management. This 1 day seminar provides a comprehensive knowledge base for the scope, definitions and application of CSA Z662-15 principals. Focusing on the general requirements of the oil and gas pipeline industry with a review of the CSA Z662-15 – Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems, this training program covers all relevant clauses. This course provides the necessary background and prerequisite to enable participants to proceed with intermediate and advanced level pipeline training.
This one day course provides participants with an overview of the CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Systems. Upon completion participants will:
- Understand Safety and Loss Management System concepts
- Understand the practical application to pipeline design, construction and operation
- Understand the mandatory legal requirements
- Understand the structure, intent and content of the CSA Z662
- Understand CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems Standard, General and Management requirements
- Understand the context of all relevant clauses
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to Z662-15
- Review of Regulatory requirements
- Safety and Loss Management Systems – Complete concept review with details on mandatory roles and responsibilities of all pipeline personnel
- Design and Materials
- Construction, Inspection and Testing
- Operations and Integrity requirements
- Supplementary clauses 11 to 17
- 1 hour (3:30 pm – 4:30 pm) to write CPAC Level 1 Exam. Minimum pass mark 70%
In order to execute compliant services in the Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, The CSA Z662-15 requires personnel to be trained and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities and the requirements of the Z662 standard. This course content is an entry level course suitable for all Oil and Gas Industry personnel.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 1 General Qualification exam.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.