Oil and Gas Facility and Piping Practices Course
November 5 @ 7:30 am - November 6 @ 4:00 pm EST
Detailed Instruction on the use of the ASME B31.3 requirements for Construction and Operation of Facilities
Intermediate Level – Two Day Training Seminar
Who Should Attend
- Installers, Contractors and Fabricators
- QC Personnel
- Operations Personnel
- Facility Managers
Students should have general knowledge, experience and understanding of the construction and/or operation of Oil and Gas facilities.
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- CSA B51 Boiler Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code
- CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
This in-depth 2 day course provides details for the construction and operation of Oil and Gas Facilities in accordance with the ASME B31.3 as required by the Canadian CSA B51 and CSA Z662 codes and standards.
ASME B31.3 Process Piping is considered by most to be the gold standard for design and construction of process piping systems. Under Canadian regulations, the CSA B51 Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code and the CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems establish the mandatory requirements for compliant construction and operation of these systems using Quality Control based Safety and Integrity Management programs.
This training examines the content and interrelationship between the documents to equip students with a solid understanding of the technical requirements contained in the ASME B31.3 as well the required skills for application of the requirements in accordance with the Canadian Code requirements. Training includes details on competency management, inspection and documentation requirements mandated by regulations for Oil and Gas Facilities.
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical application of the ASME B31.3 requirements mandated in the Canadian Oil and Gas industry.
- Understand the function of the CSA B51 and its role governing the application of the ASME B31.3 technical requirements in Canadian systems.
- Understand the application of Quality Management required by both the CSA B51 and Z662 for pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Understand the documentation expectations from design including material identification, vendor/contractor selection and procurement.
- Understand the inspection and record requirements for construction, inspection, turnover and lifecycle operation of the facilities, including task-based personnel competency.
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Training is from 7:30 to 4:00 on day 1 and 7:30 to 3:00 on day 2. The qualification exam is administered from 3:00 to 4:00 on the second day. Two coffee breaks are included each day and lunch is provided. The course order is:
- Document scopes
- ASME 31.3 content and structure
- ASME B31.1 Design overview
- Management, QC and documentation requirements
- CRN mini workshop
- ASME B31.3 fabrication and assembly
- ASME B31.3 Inspection and Testing
- Legislation and Regulatory Requirements
- Operation and Integrity Management
In order to construct and operate compliant facilities, it is critical that personnel understand both technical and legislated regulatory requirements for Oil and Gas industry facilities. This course content is designed to provide you with these tools, allowing a safe build and operating lifecycle.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
About The Trainer
William (Bill) Simpson is a Professional Trainer and Speaker who is internationally recognized as a subject matter expert in the Oil and Gas Industry. Formerly Chief Inspector for an Authority Having Jurisdiction in Alberta, his career experience also includes several years as a Product Certification Specialist and External Auditor with CSA-International.
Bill actively participates on several CSA, ISO, CPAC and IEC committees and has been appointed Vice-Chair of the Z662 Editorial Sub-Committee.
Bill’s students boast the highest pass marks on Pipeliner Competency Exams. These credentials assure you will receive the most accurate, effective and enjoyable training available.