North American Pipeline Fundamentals Course
September 6 @ 8:00 am - September 7 @ 4:30 pm CDT| $1298
Includes both US and Canadian Regulatory requirements with comparatives between API 1173 and CSA Z662 section 3.
Critical Concepts Training – Two Day Seminar – $1298 USD
(Course Cost $1298. The CPAC qualification exam, with US code endorsement, can be written immediately following the training. The fee for the pipeliner examination and registration is $300)
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide practical understanding of the content and application of the API 1173 and CSA Z662-15 section 3 requirements mandated in North American Jurisdictions. The training includes US technical and PHMSA requirements in addition to the CSA Z662 content overview. Weather supplying goods or services, this course is critical for anyone working in the pipeline transportation sector in the US or Canada. It is essential to provide the basis for Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Inspectors, QC personnel and provides the necessary prerequisite and framework for future intermediate and advanced industry training.
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This two day seminar is essential for anyone involved in the North American Oil and Gas Pipeline industry. Whether your responsibilities include design, construction, QC, inspection, operations or maintenance, this training provides a comprehensive knowledge base for the scope, definitions and mandatory application of CSA Z662 and API 1173 requirements. The training provides concept identification with direct reference to regulatory clauses and explanations where the requirements are different in The US and Canada. The Canadian National Energy Board regulations are reviewed alongside the PHMSA requirements. This course provides the necessary background and prerequisite to enable participants to proceed with intermediate and advanced level pipeline training. Endorsement of US training and credentials that are accepted in Canada is provided with the optional qualification examination.
This two day course provides participants with an overview of the North American Oil and Gas Pipeline System Requirements. Upon completion participants will:
- Understand the framework, intent, content and requirements of the API 1173 and Z662 section 3.
- Understand the practical application of API 1173 and Z662 to pipeline design, construction and operation, including cross-border systems.
- Understand the mandatory legal requirements from jurisdictions including PHMSA, NEB, BCO&G, and AER.
- US 49 CFR overview
- Canadian OPR overview
- Understand CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems Standard, General and Management requirements compared to API RP documents.
- Understand the content and context of all relevant ASME B31.4, B31.8 and Z662 technical sections.
All Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on day 1 and 8:00 to 3:30 on day 2. Each day and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to the API 1173 and the CSA Z662 section 3
- Regulatory Scorecard and Mandatory Requirements
- Management Systems – concepts and legal application requirements
- Design, Materials Selection and Procurement systems
- Construction, Inspection and Testing protocols
- Operation and Integrity concepts
- Supplementary administrative and technical requirements
- Day-2, 1 hour (3:30-4:30) CPAC Level 1 Exam. (optional) Minimum pass mark 70%
In order to execute compliant services in the North American Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, companies require personnel to be trained and qualified with a functional knowledge of both the regulatory and technical requirements. This course contains the minimum regulatory requirements for Oil and Gas Pipelines and is essential to anyone who must demonstrate competency in the North American Oil and Gas sector.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 1 General Qualification exam. The qualification exam can be written immediately after the training or challenged a later date.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.