LNG Essentials Course
October 4 @ 8:00 am - October 5 @ 4:30 pm CDT| $1298
Includes North American Regulatory requirements with comparatives between ASME/BPVC, NFPA 59A and CSA Z276
Critical Concepts Training – Two Day Seminar – $1298
(Course Cost $1298. The CPAC qualification exam can be written immediately following the training. The fee for the LPG concepts qualification examination and registration is $300)
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide practical understanding of the content and application of the, NFPA 59A and ASME Pressure Vessel codes and standards specifically for the design, construction and operation of LNG facilities in North America. Training includes references to ISO and CSA Z276 standards as appropriate. The course is critical for anyone working in the LNG sector in the US or Canada. It is essential to provide a common knowledge base for Directors, Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Welders, Construction personnel, QC personnel and Inspectors.
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This two day seminar is essential for anyone involved in the North American LPG industry. This course provides participants with a clear understanding of the regulatory requirements in the application of the codes and standards as well their legal compliance obligations, weather supplying goods, providing services or operating a facility. Areas of Study include design, construction, QC, inspection, operations or maintenance. This training provides a comprehensive knowledge base for the scope, definitions and mandatory application of NFPA and ASME requirements. The training provides concept identification with direct reference to FERC, DOE and PHMSA regulatory requirements. State, local and offshore requirements are also addressed. This course provides the necessary background and prerequisite to enable participants to proceed with intermediate and advanced level training.
This two day course provides participants with an overview of the North American LPG Requirements. Upon completion participants will:
- Understand the Regulatory mandates under Federal and State legislations.
- Understand the LNG system concepts including gathering, compression, loading and unloading and regasification.
- Understand the Environmental implications in location selection.
- Understand the Design requirements contained in the NFPA 59A and ASME Pressure Vessel codes.
- Understand the Construction requirements for plants and loading/unloading facilities.
- Understand the Minimum requirements and concepts for facility operation and maintenance.
- Understand the Management System and document control requirements for the LNG lifecycle.
- Understand the Competence of Personnel and traceability requirements.
All Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:40 am with coffee and tea offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on day 1 and 8:00 to 3:30 on day 2. Each day includes 2 coffee breaks and a catered lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Introduction and History of LNG
- Regulatory Structure – US and Canadian systems Scorecard and Mandatory Requirements
- Management Systems – concepts and legal application requirements
- Location Selection
- Design, Materials and Procurement requirements
- Construction, Inspection and Testing protocols
- Commissioning protocols
- Operation and Integrity and Maintenance concepts
- Supplementary administrative and technical requirements
- International overview
- Day-2, 1 hour (3:30-4:30) CPAC Level 1 Exam. (optional) Minimum pass mark 70%
In order to execute compliant services in the North American Oil and Gas industry, companies require personnel to be trained and qualified with a functional knowledge of both the regulatory and technical requirements. This course contains the minimum regulatory requirements for LNG production, storage and handling. It is essential to anyone who must demonstrate competency in the North American Oil and Gas sector.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 1 LNG Concepts and Content exam.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.