Exporter Essentials for the North American Oil and Gas Industry Seminar
December 5 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm GMT| $649
Based on Canadian and US Mandatory Certification Requirements
Regulatory and Code Training – One Day Seminar – $649 USD
Who Should Attend
This course is designed specifically for European Product and Service providers wishing to supply into the North American Oil and Gas Industry. It is essential to provide the understanding required by Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Inspectors and QC personnel who will have involvement in your North American bound projects.
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This one-day seminar is essential for anyone involved in the Oil and Gas industry internationally. Focusing on content and differences between the Canadian and US regulatory requirements, this training will equip you with an clear understanding of North American legal obligations for the Oil and Gas sector. While similar in intent to the European Directives, these requirements often mandate different expectations for 3rd party certification and approval. The training deals with both onshore and offshore requirements. The correct use of Canadian and US national codes is addressed in detail for electrical, pressure, fuel burning and HazLoc. This training also covers many of the deviations required by Canadian and US adoptions of IEC and ISO standards.
This one day course provides participants with an overview of the North American regulatory system. Upon completion participants will:
- Understand the Canadian and US regulatory framework
- Understand the various jurisdictions, their roles and position in the regulatory hierarchies
- Understand the application of Safety Management Systems for suppliers of products and components
- Understand the difference in use between national and international standards
- Understand the practical application to facility and pipeline design, construction and operation
- Understand the structure, intent and content of North American Pipeline and Facility Codes & Standards
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:40 and light snacks are offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to Canadian and US laws
- Review of industry regulatory requirements
- Safety and Loss Management Systems – complete concept review with details on mandatory roles and responsibilities of all industry organizations and personnel
- Design and Materials
- CSA and UL product standards
- CSA and UL adoptions of ISO and IEC standards
- Model Certification vs. Individual Field Approval
- Documentation and professional endorsements
- Construction, Inspection and Testing – mechanical and electrical
In order to execute compliant services in the North American Oil and Gas industry, the CSA Z662 and API 1173 requires personnel to be trained and qualified in accordance with their legal responsibilities and the requirements of adopted codes and standards. This training is an entry level course with content suitable for all Oil and Gas Industry personnel.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study, combined with ISO 9001 training would be considered acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 1 General Qualification exam.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.