CSA Z662-19 Code Update
September 17 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT
One event on September 17, 2019 at 8:00 am
A comprehensive review of the substantive changes to the new edition of the CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
One Day Seminar with Qualification Exam – $749 plus taxes
Who Should Attend
This update training is critical for all staff, contractors and pipeline inspectors responsible for compliant execution of design, construction and operational tasks. This training covers all elements required for the CPAC qualification update examination.
Participants should have previously completed formal Z662 code training or be in possession of any level of current CPAC Certificate of Qualification.
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
The design, construction and operation of Canadian pipelines requires, in addition to highly specialized skills and experience, keeping current with regulatory requirements and the CSA Z662. Safety and Loss Management Systems require targeted training and qualification when new editions are published. The 2019 edition of the CSA Z662 contains substantive changes that will move the safety and reliability of Canadian pipeline systems to a new level. The 2019 edition contains clarifications on the expectations for competency of all personnel including inspectors to Canadian requirements, new design criteria for sensitive areas, changes to trenchless technology protocols and enhancements to operational expectations.
This in depth one-day seminar will provide participants with a clear and cohesive understanding of the changes, requirements for implementation in their daily roles and responsibilities, and the rationale behind the new rules.
This course is suitable for any personnel who have had previous Z662 training or carry a current code qualification certificate.
- Participants will gain a solid understanding of both new and clarified mandatory requirements contained in the CSA Z662-19
- Participants will understand the strategies required for managing the changes and application to their roles and responsibilities
- Participants will understand the proper application of the clarified Safety and Loss Management System requirements surrounding competency, project controls and the evidence required for success with regulatory assessments
- Participants will understand the proper application of reference documents including CSA, ASME, CPAC, CGA, ISO and others where directed.
Participants will receive a Certificate and/or CEU/PDH credits as applicable.
Doors open at 7:40 with coffee and introductions. The seminar runs from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm with two 15 minute coffee and a 1 hour lunch break (food will be provided). Participants will have 1 hour to complete the 2019 code update exam immediately following the training. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to the CSA Z662-19 Edition
- Canadian Regulatory Framework
- Management System Requirements – concepts and clarifications
- Design and Material including new class locations criteria
- Construction and Testing – changes and additions
- Canadian Inspection Mandates
- Operation and Integrity requirement changes and deletions
- A review of the new Annex Q
- Z662-19 Qualification exam – 20 questions – open book
This training is intended to prepare participants to write the 2019 update exam. All certificates held by successful writers will be re-issued to the new 2019 code. Participants not holding a current code qualification will have the option to challenge the code qualification exam of their choice (Level 1 Concepts, Level 2 Design, Level 2 Construction, Level 2 Welding or Level 2 Operations).
About Your Trainer
William (Bill) Simpson is a Professional Trainer and Speaker specializing in the Oil and Gas Industry. Bill is a member the CSA Z662 Technical committee and actively participates in several of its subcommittees. Bill also serves on the CSA B51 Boiler Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code, and the Interprovincial Committee on Hazardous Locations. Internationally Bill participates in several ISO and IEC working groups on behalf of the Standards Council of Canada. Bill’s students consistently score highest on code qualification exams, which he attributes to being fortunate enough to have smarter people attending his courses.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.