Chief Pipeline Inspector Course – US Edition
March 6, 2019 @ 8:00 am - March 7, 2019 @ 4:30 pm CST| $1298
Includes Inspection Process Management, Resource Allocation and Advanced Code & Regulatory Concepts within the Pipeline Safety Management System Requirements
Critical Management and Technical Concepts Training – Two Day Seminar – $1298
(Course Cost $1298. The Chief Inspectors exam can be ordered with this training. The Chief Inspector Qualification exam is processed and written separately. Exam Fee is $300.00)
The difference between US and Canadian versions of this course are the regulations and codes referenced in the training. Public presentations provided in the USA use PHMSA requirements and directives as the primary examples while Canadian locations focus on the CSA Z662.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed specifically for experienced inspectors who will have responsibility for coordination and management of the construction verification processes. The training is also suitable for Pipeline Construction and Project Managers and may be valuable for Integrity Managers requiring a detailed understanding of the construction verification process.
Attendees should have knowledge and experience with all site aspects of the Pipeline construction process as required by the PHMSA.
Course Materials Included
INGAA Foundation Practical Guide for Pipeline Construction Inspectors
Chief Inspectors require knowledge and skills beyond that of general inspection practitioners. This 2 day seminar provides the essential training required for experienced Pipeline Inspectors whose responsibilities include oversight of the inspection team and management of the verification and documentation processes required for the construction of Oil and Gas pipeline infrastructure. Expanding on your knowledge of pipeline code, regulation and inspection practices, this course provides strategies for the review and application of company policies & contractual requirements. Details on monitoring and recording competency verifications, task execution and project performance oversight are provided. The training includes instruction on effective time and personnel management elements including the use of Gantt type tools and GTD practices. This course provides the necessary background and prerequisite to enable participants to write the Chief Inspector Certificate of Qualification exam. Regulatory and Code examples used in the training are based on the presentation location.
This two-day course provides participants with knowledge and skills required to fulfil the roles and responsibilities of a Chief Inspector for oil and gas pipeline construction projects. Upon completion participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the hierarchy and authorities between regulations, codes, company policies and contract documents.
- Understand the process for resolving technical conflicts, contractual disagreements and non-conformances.
- Understand the framework, intent and application requirements for the Pipeline Safety Management System.
- Understand the need for identification of craft specialties among the inspection team and the concepts of cross training.
- Understand the principles of inspection time management and resource allocation in the delegation of inspection team tasks.
- Understand the effective use of general inspectors to support subject matter experts such as welding or coating inspectors.
- Have a clear understanding of the document control process and evidentiary requirements for inspector signoff for the various elements and stages of the construction lifecycle.
- Understand the skills required for conflict resolution
All Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:40am for coffee and introductions. Training is from 8:00am to 4:30pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- API 1173 Pipeline Safety Management System – concepts and application
- Document control system requirements and Chief Inspector oversight
- Canadian Regulatory, Code and Contractual Requirements
- Allocation of roles and responsibilities to the inspection team
- Scheduling and time management interface with contractors
- Construction, examination and testing management
- Competence verifications and monitoring
- Internal and external communication strategies
- Conflict resolution
- Non-conformance escalation and ‘stop work’ procedures
- Supplementary administrative and technical requirements
- Turnover package review
In order to facilitate compliant, on-time and on-budget pipeline construction projects, inspection teams require the leadership of highly trained and experienced individuals certified as Chief Inspectors. This course includes the technical and management requirements needed by individuals responsible for the effective execution of project oversight and verification process.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the Level 4 Chief Pipeline Inspectors exam. The exam is separate from this training.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.