Canadian API 1169 Pipeline Inspector Training
December 3 @ 8:00 am - December 4 @ 12:00 pm PST| $1198
Based on the mandatory construction and inspection requirements for Canadian Pipelines
Advanced Level Training – 12 hours of Technical Instruction
Who Should Attend
This training is critical for all staff and contractors who have responsibility for Quality and/or Inspection functions. The training also provides significant value to those responsible for managing Canadian pipeline construction activities.
This is an advanced level course.
Applicants are strongly advised to have completed:
- Z662 Pipeline Fundamental or Inspection Concepts; and
- carry a Level 2 CPAC qualification for Pipeline Inspection
- have completed other formal Z662 training; and
- have at least 2 years experience in pipeline oversight
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
- Practical Guide for Pipeline Construction Inspectors
- Canadian Deviations, Deletions, Corrections and Additions to the API 1169 for use in Canada
The construction and inspection of Canadian pipelines require not only specific skill sets, but also intimate knowledge of Canadian Pipeline Regulations and the CSA Z662-19 Oil & Gas Pipeline Systems. The Z662 is a National Standard of Canada, and is referenced in all Federal and Provincial pipeline regulations. Understanding the content of the CSA Z662 is not enough. Competence in the application of the document, using the API 1169 framework with the 2019 amendments for the mandatory Canadian deviations, is critical to successful and compliant installations.
Building on your experience, qualification and training in pipeline construction oversight, this advanced course of study will provide participants the required tools for their responsibility in the inspection of Canadian pipelines. This training provides both the general concepts detailed in the API 1169 recommended practice and the Mandatory Canadian deviations and additions required to ensure compliance with both S&LMS and prescriptive requirements contained in the CSA Z662. This training is suitable for those planning to write the Canadian version of the API 1169 exam through CPAC, or those writing the US based ICP exam who require evidence of training for foreign qualification acceptance. Deeper understanding of inspection techniques as well as a thorough review of the General Pipeline Inspectors Manual and its proper application are invaluable benefits to this training.
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
The schedule for both days begins at 7:40 am with coffee and sign-in. On day 1, the seminar runs from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes coffee breaks and lunch. Training on the second day runs from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon and includes a coffee break. Participants registered to write the Canadian Inspector Certification will be scheduled to write the exam at 1:00 pm on the second day of training. The course will address the following topics:
- Z662 Safety and Loss Management requirements for Inspectors
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Managing Competence and Non-Conformances
- API-1169 Concepts, Format and Program Outline
- Z662 Construction and Testing Requirements
- CAD-1169 Deviations, Deletions, Corrections and Additions
- Pipeline Inspectors Practical Guideline
- Stopping Work and Issue Escalation Protocols
- Environmental Awareness and Oversight
- Human Factors (Contractor, Landowner and Protester “Encounters”)
In order to offer acceptable and compliant products or services, it is critical that personnel understand the regulatory requirements for compliance within any given Market or Jurisdiction. This course content is designed to familiarize personnel with the Regulations and Requirements that are legislated in the Canadian Oil and Gas Industry. This course provides the necessary tools for inspection personnel to provide the required oversite during the construction of Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.