Z662-19 Distribution and Non-Metallic Pipeline Systems
A detailed review of Section 12 for the design, construction and operation of distribution systems and Section 13 for the use of Non-Metallic materials in any pipeline system
Intermediate Level Training – One Day Seminar – $699 plus tax
(Course Cost $699 plus tax. The CPAC qualification exam can be written immediately following the training. The fee for the pipeliner examination and registration is $350 plus tax)
Who Should Attend
All personnel involved in the management, design, construction and operation of non-metallic piping or distribution systems, as well as those individuals pursuing a CPAC Level II Fusion Technician Qualification.
This is an intermediate level course.
Applicants should have completed:
- an entry level course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA or PIECE, or
- carry a level 1 CPAC qualification
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This in-depth 1 day seminar provides critical details on the proper use of Section 12 to design, construct and operate Pipeline Distribution Systems in Canada under the CSA Z662-19. All aspects of section 13 are reviewed including requirements for bonding procedures and fusion technicians.
In addition to providing the required mandatory code knowledge for fusion technicians this course is intended to provide users with the tools required to understand and meet their section 3 Safety and Loss Management System obligations.
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical application of sections 12 and 13.
- Understand the prescriptive requirements for fusion and bonding qualifications.
- Understand the critical differences between a distribution system and other types of lines detailed in the CSA Z662-19.
- Understand the proper use and application of the design criteria.
- Learn the difference between section 7 welding and Z662 “welding lite”.
- Understand the minimum operating and integrity requirements for distribution pipelines.
- Understand the minimum testing and documentation requirements.
This course has now been approved for CEU credits by the Canadian Pipeliner Accreditation Council (CPAC) under the CPAC Competency Assessment Guidelines. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the training. Those individuals who successfully write the CPAC examination will receive a publicly registered Certificate of Qualification.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Design and material selections
- Joining requirements and selection criteria
- Construction and testing requirements
- Qualification of personnel
- Inspection and examination techniques
- Mandatory documentation and records requirements
- Managing the use of Non-Metals
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm – Level 2 exam
In order to execute compliant services in the Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, The CSA Z662-19 requires personnel to be trained and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities and the requirements of the Z662 standard. This course content is designed to update and requalify previously trained and experienced industry professionals to the requirements of the 2019 edition.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!