Oil and Gas Facility and Piping Practices
Detailed Instruction on the use of the ASME B31.3 requirements for Construction and Operation of Facilities
Intermediate Level – Two Day Training Seminar – $1298 plus tax
(Course Cost $1298 plus tax. The CPAC qualification exam can be written after the second day of training. Exam fee is $300.00 + tax and includes registration of your Qualification on the National Database.)
Who Should Attend
- Installers, Contractors and Fabricators
- QC Personnel
- Operations Personnel
- Facility Managers
Students should have general knowledge, experience and understanding of the construction and/or operation of Oil and Gas facilities.
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- CSA B51 Boiler Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code
- CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
NASA Corp. training is eligible for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits. This Course is approved for 1.5 CEU’s by the Canadian Pipeliner Accreditation Council (CPAC) in accordance with the CPAC Competency Assessment Guidelines.
This in-depth 2 day course provides details for the construction and operation of Oil and Gas Facilities in accordance with the ASME B31.3 as required by the Canadian CSA B51 and CSA Z662 codes and standards.
ASME B31.3 Process Piping is considered by most to be the gold standard for design and construction of process piping systems. Under Canadian regulations, the CSA B51 Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code and the CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems establish the mandatory requirements for compliant construction and operation of these systems using Quality Control based Safety and Integrity Management programs.
This training examines the content and interrelationship between the documents to equip students with a solid understanding of the technical requirements contained in the ASME B31.3 as well the required skills for application of the requirements in accordance with the Canadian Code requirements. Training includes details on competency management, inspection and documentation requirements mandated by regulations for Oil and Gas Facilities.
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical application of the ASME B31.3 requirements mandated in the Canadian Oil and Gas industry.
- Understand the function of the CSA B51 and its role governing the application of the ASME B31.3 technical requirements in Canadian systems.
- Understand the application of Quality Management required by both the CSA B51 and Z662 for pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Understand the documentation expectations from design including material identification, vendor/contractor selection and procurement.
- Understand the inspection and record requirements for construction, inspection, turnover and lifecycle operation of the facilities, including task-based personnel competency.
Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 each morning for a continental breakfast. Training is from 8:00 to 4:30 on day 1 and 8:00 to 3:30 on day 2. The qualification exam is administered from 3:30 to 4:30 on the second day. Lunch is provided both days. The course order is:
- Document scopes
- ASME 31.3 content and structure
- ASME B31.1 Design overview
- Management, QC and documentation requirements
- CRN mini workshop
- ASME B31.3 fabrication and assembly
- ASME B31.3 Inspection and Testing
- Legislation and Regulatory Requirements
- Operation and Integrity Management
In order to construct and operate compliant facilities, it is critical that personnel understand both technical and legislated regulatory requirements for Oil and Gas industry facilities. This course content is designed to provide you with these tools, allowing a safe build and operating lifecycle.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!