North American Pipeline Fundamentals Course – Canadian Edition
Based on the CSA Z662-19 with comparatives between Z662 s3 and the API 1173 management system requirements
Critical Concepts Training – Two Day Seminar with Qualification Exam – $1598
(Course Cost $1298. The Code qualification exam is written immediately following the training. The fee for the examination and registration is $300)
This course is designed to provide practical understanding for the application of mandatory Safety and Loss Management Systems to the technical content of the CSA Z662-19 requirements. The training includes a brief US technical and PHMSA review in addition to the detailed CSA Z662-19 content review.
While similar, Canadian and US versions of this training are structured to reference national requirements. In Canada the content focus is CSA Z662-19 while the US version provides training to CFR’s and ASME B31 codes.
Who Should Attend
Whether your responsibilities include the design, construction or operation of Oil and Gas Pipeline systems, this course provides the foundational training for the proper application of mandatory codes and standards. This training is essential for Managers, HR specialists, Design & Engineering staff, Procurement, QC, Inspection, Operating and Integrity personnel. The content provides the necessary prerequisites and framework for future intermediate and advanced industry training.
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
This 2 day seminar is essential for anyone involved in the North American Oil and Gas Pipeline industry. Whether your responsibilities include managing, HR, design, procurement, construction, QC, inspection, operations or Integrity, this training provides a comprehensive knowledge base for the scope, definitions and mandatory application of CSA Z662 Safety and Loss Management Systems. The training provides concept identification and explanations with direct reference to regulatory clauses and details where the requirements are different in Canada and the US. The Canadian National Energy Board regulations are reviewed alongside the PHMSA requirements. This course provides the necessary background and prerequisite to enable participants to proceed with intermediate and advanced level pipeline training. Regulatory and Code focus are based on the presentation location.
This two-day course provides participants with an overview of the North American Oil and Gas Pipeline System Requirements. Upon completion participants will:
- Understand the framework, intent, content and personal obligations of the CSA Z662-19 and API 1173 Safety and Loss Management System requirements.
- Understand the Canadian Onshore Pipeline Regulation (with CFR, Provincial and/or State comparatives)
- Understand the mandatory legal requirements from jurisdictions including NEB, PHMSA and the local Province or State (based on course presentation location).
- Understand the practical application of the CSA Z662-19 requirements to pipeline design, construction, operation and integrity, including cross-border systems.
- Understand CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems technical concepts for design, construction and operation.
- Understand the content and context of relevant ASME B31.3 sections.
All Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 am and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on day 1 and 8:00 to 3:30 on day 2. Each day includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to the CSA Z662 section 3
- Regulatory Scorecard and Mandatory Requirements
- Management Systems – concepts and legal application requirements
- Design, Materials Selection and Procurement systems
- Construction, Inspection and Testing protocols
- Operation and Integrity concepts
- Supplementary administrative and technical requirements
- Day-2, 1 hour (3:30-4:30) CPAC Level 1 Exam. Minimum pass mark 70%; or Level 2 Exam (design, construction or operations) minimum pass mark 80%
In order to execute compliant services in the North American Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, companies require personnel to be trained and qualified with functional knowledge of both the regulatory and Z662 requirements. This course contains the minimum regulatory requirements for Oil and Gas Pipelines and is essential to anyone who must demonstrate competency in the North American Oil and Gas sector.
The course includes interactive team-based exercises and discussion throughout for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 1 General Qualification exam for administrative and management staff. Pipeline designers, Construction and Operating personnel will find the training suitable to write their Level 2 qualification. The qualification exam is written immediately after the training or challenged at a later date.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!