CSA Z662 Non-Metallic Pipeline Concepts
A detailed review of the mandatory Non-Metallic Pipeline requirements contained in the CSA Z662-15. Includes all relevant concepts for the joining of non-metal materials contained in section 13.
One Day Technical Training Course – $599 plus tax
(Course Cost $599 plus tax. The CPAC qualification exam can be written immediately following the training. The fee for the pipeliner examination and registration is $300 plus tax)
Who Should Attend
Level 1 Pipeline Fusion Technicians, Inspectors, Construction Managers, QC Personnel, IMP Personnel, Incident Investigators and Designers.
This is an intermediate level course.
Applicants for this training should have met all requirements for:
- Level 1 Pipeline Fusion Technician Qualification; or
- Previous Entry Level Z662 Training
Course Materials Included
- Course Workbook
- Fusion Technician Endorsements Log
This in-depth 1 day seminar provides critical details on establishing design, material selection, fusion procedure specifications, qualifying Fusion Technicians to the specifications, and inspecting completed work in accordance with section 13 of the CSA Z662-15.
This course is suitable for assisting companies in meeting their competence management requirements under the CSA Z662-15 section 3. The content is also suitable preparation for those individuals intending to register procedures and qualification endorsements under the CPAC Fusion Technician program. The CPAC Level 2 Fusion Technician qualification exam and can be written immediately after this training course.
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical application of section 13 of the CSA Z662-15.
- Understand the critical differences between a Z662 weld procedures and the ISO 19480 program.
- Understand the proper use and application of sections 13.1, 13.2 and 13.3. for design and material selection.
- Understand the minimum fusion technician competency requirements and documentation protocol.
- Understand the difference between fusion procedure specifications, bonding procedure specifications and Joining procedures for composites.
- Understand the construction and testing requirements for non-metallic systems.
- Participants will receive a Course Completion Certificate and CEU credits.
Doors open at 7:30 and a continental breakfast is offered. Training is from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and includes 2 coffee breaks. Lunch is provided. The course will address the following:
- Qualification and Competency Requirements
- Verification of Design and Materials
- Fusion Joining Procedure specifications
- Qualification of Fusion Joining Procedures
- Qualification of Fusion Technicians to qualified Fusion Joining Procedures
- Inspection and Examination Techniques
- Mandatory Documentation and Records Requirements
- Alternate Bonding Requirements
- 3:30 to 4:30 pm – Level 2 Fusion Technician qualification exam
In order to execute compliant services in the Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, The CSA Z662-15 requires personnel to be experienced, trained and qualified in accordance with their responsibilities and the requirements of the Z662 standard. This course content is designed to update and qualify, or requalify previously trained and experienced industry professionals to the requirements of the new 2015 edition.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!