CSA Z662-19 Condensed Code Update Training
A comprehensive review of the substantive changes to the new edition of the CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
Half Day Seminar with CPAC Update Exam – $649 plus taxes
The New CSA Z662-19 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems was published in June, 2019.
Pipeliners carrying various levels of Canadian Code Qualification credentials including Designers, Inspectors and Auditors are required to write an update exam prior to June 30, 2020 in order to keep their credentials current for the next four years.
This training is designed to provide a review of the changes to the 2019 edition for individuals writing the update exam who have not yet reviewed the changes to the Z662.
Who Should Attend
This update training is critical for all staff, contractors and pipeline inspectors responsible for compliant execution of design, construction and operational tasks. This training covers all elements required for the CPAC qualification update examination.
Participants should have previously completed formal Z662 code training or be in possession of any level of current CPAC Certificate of Qualification.
Course Materials Included
- Course Notepad
The design, construction and operation of Canadian pipelines requires, in addition to highly specialized skills and experience, keeping current with regulatory requirements and the CSA Z662. Safety and Loss Management Systems require targeted training and qualification when new editions are published. The 2019 edition of the CSA Z662 contains substantive changes that will move the safety and reliability of Canadian pipeline systems to a new level. The 2019 edition contains clarifications on the expectations for competency of all personnel including inspectors to Canadian requirements, new design criteria for sensitive areas, changes to trenchless technology protocols and enhancements to operational expectations.
This in depth half-day seminar will provide participants with a clear and cohesive understanding of the changes, requirements for implementation in their daily roles and responsibilities, and the rationale behind the new rules.
This course is suitable for any personnel who have had previous Z662 training or carry a current code qualification certificate.
- Participants will gain a solid understanding of both new and clarified mandatory requirements contained in the CSA Z662-19
- Participants will understand the strategies required for managing the changes and application to their roles and responsibilities
- Participants will understand the proper application of the clarified Safety and Loss Management System requirements surrounding competency, project controls and the evidence required for success with regulatory assessments
- Participants will understand the proper application of reference documents including CSA, ASME, CPAC, CGA, ISO and others where directed.
Participants will receive a Certificate and/or CEU/PDH credits as applicable.
Doors open at 7:40 with coffee and introductions. The seminar runs from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm with a 15 minute coffee break. Lunch will be provided at 12:00 with a 1 hour break. Beginning at 1:00 pm participants will have 1 hour to complete the 2019 code update exam. The course will address the following:
- Introduction to the CSA Z662-19 Edition
- Canadian Regulatory Framework
- Management System Requirements – concepts and clarifications
- Design and Material including new class locations criteria
- Construction and Testing – changes and additions
- Canadian Inspection Mandates
- Operation and Integrity requirement changes and deletions
- A review of the new Annex Q
- Z662-19 Qualification exam – 20 questions – open book
This training is intended to prepare participants to write the 2019 update exam. All certificates held by successful writers will be re-issued to the new 2019 code. Participants not holding a current code qualification will have the option to challenge the code qualification exam of their choice (Level 1 Concepts, Level 2 Design, Level 2 Construction, Level 2 Welding or Level 2 Operations).
About Your Trainer
William (Bill) Simpson is a Professional Trainer and Speaker specializing in the Oil and Gas Industry. Bill is a member the CSA Z662 Technical committee and actively participates in several of its subcommittees. Bill also serves on the CSA B51 Boiler Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code, and the Interprovincial Committee on Hazardous Locations. Internationally Bill participates in several ISO and IEC working groups on behalf of the Standards Council of Canada.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location. A minimum of 4 attendees and a maximum of 40 per session are recommended. All CSA and NASA Corp. courses can be customized to meet the requirements of your corporate training program.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!